10. Essential OilsIf you want to make your hair grow faster, essential oils can really help. Essential oils can be used all over your body, but if you're trying to grow your hair? I suggest mixing three drops of lavender oil, three drops of rosemary oil, and two drops each of thyme oil and cedarwood oil, along with some jojoba oil. All of this should go right onto your head and, I promise, the mixture will enhance your hair and make it grow that much faster! Try it!
11. Use Onion Water for That Fab Long HairYou might not think that onions can be used for anything except cooking, but that's definitely not the case. Boil some onions in water and use the water on your hair -- no lie! It'll make it grow super fast and it'll give it an awesome sheen that everyone will be jealous of! Don't worry, there's no danger of a lingering bad smell, especially after you rinse. If you're still worried, just try this method during a weekend in -- you can even invite some girlfriends over to join you!
8. Use That Potato Water for Your HairYour hair can actually get really dry and really brittle if you are lacking a lot of vitamins in your system. Vitamin B, for example, as well as optimal amounts of vitamin A and C are crucial for hair growth, so stock up on your vitamins and I promise your hair will get longer and thicker! Or, yes, you can definitely wash and rinse with potato water to get your vitamins! Daily multivitamins are helpful as well, as are vitamin treatments, or you can eat vitamin-rich foods.
9. Conditioner TreatmentIn order to grow really long hair, you have to have a super healthy scalp and also keep your own hair in good health. A deep conditioner treatment each week honestly helps! Every time I do a conditioner treatment, my hair feels like silk afterwards. You can either request such a treatment in your salon when getting your next hair cut, or do it at home with any natural hair treatment you buy. I personally love Leonor Greyl's Creme Generatrice, which was recommend to me by my fabulous hair stylist Ludovic. It does not give an instant result, like silicon-based Kerastase Masquintense Mask does, but the result it gives over time is much better in the long run. What types of treatments do you ladies use?
6. Do Not Blow Dry When PossibleI blow dry and straighten my hair every single day, so I know how horrible how hard it will be to avoid your products when you're learning how to make your hair grow faster. If you cut down on the blow drying though, I promise that your hair will be healthier and you won't have nearly as many split ends. I know that I've cut down to just four times a week (that's still a lot!) and I can already see a difference!
7. Don't Skip on Protein-Filled Foods If You Want Longer TressesDid you know that what you eat actually makes a difference in how fast your hair grows? If you eat a lot of protein-rich foods, you will see a huge difference in the quality of your hair, as well as the speed with which it grows. Things like fish, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables, and even different meats all make a difference, so cut down on junk food and focus on healthy meals.
4. Drink Water for Healthy Hair
Water helps the body to process and flush out toxins faster, which makes it a quick and easy natural method that will make your hair grow a lot faster. If you drink about 8 cups of water a day, not only will your body feel better, but your hair will get stronger. The stronger the hair, the faster that it grows. Drinking water also keeps your hair hydrated from the inside out. Hydrated hair is happy hair because, when dry, your hair is much more likely to break.